Sunday 30 December 2012

Sweet Corn Pudding




























Ingredients材料:

½ tsp agar-agar powder (see note)
550g water
250g coconut milk
30g custard powder (see note)
100g sugar
1 can whole kernel corn


Method方法:
Mix all ingredients (except the corns) and bring to a boil over middle low heat,once bubbles appear continue to simmer till mixture becomes smooth and thick.


Add in the corns and mix evenly. Remove from heat.

Pour into cups, leave to cool at room temperature and refrigerate till set.


Note笔记:
1) Custard powder can be replaced by cornflour but using custard powder will enhance the aroma of the pudding (custard powder is actually cornflour with added flavoring).
2) I find that the pudding is a bit soggy, so if I were to make this again I will try 1tsp of agar-agar powder.
3) Besides sweet corns, I think water chestnut is also suitable for this dessert.
4) The agar-agar powder I used was green colour, mixing with the yellow colour from the custard powder, that's why my pudding turned out to be this colour.



http://angelcookbakelove.blogspot.sg/2010/06/sweet-corn-pudding.html

 

No comments:

Post a Comment